Published on 29 October 2021
We are proud to announce that we have manufactured our 1000th Saltel Patch!
Saltel 1000th patch is out of the factory and has been shipped to our client, a SouthEast Asian operator. This patch will be installed to cover unwanted CO2-producing perforations.
- In 2006, Saltel Industries initiated the development of a new technology of metal deformation, using high-pressure inflatable packers to expand short lengths of tubular.
- In 2007 Saltel expandable steel patch received the GEP (Groupement des Entreprises du Pétrole) 1st Innovation Award.
- In 2008, The first field tests occurred in France and the Middle East to successfully isolate a drilled zone and cover total loss zones encountered during the drilling using a scab liner with expandable isolation.
- The years 2008 and 2009 focused on the qualification and the industrialization of the whole process. The goal was to extend the range from engineering to manufacturing to operations. The inflatable packers, the downhole tools, and the surface equipment were all developed and qualified in our dummy wells at Saltel facilities. Real applications came later to complete the qualification in the field. Saltel Industries completely redesigned the setting tools to cover more applications, casing sizes, and complex well conditions. We increased the manufacturing capacity so we could meet the booming demand.
- 2010 was the year of the takeoff for the patches. North America came first with Canada and high volume potentials.
- Years after years, the Xpandable steel Patch went through more complex jobs and more challenging environments: Offshore, deep wells, horizontal, gas-tight, high temperature, high pressure, multi-diameter, ancient wells, pre-fracturing, steam injection, patch-thru-patch, overlaps, parted casing, live well, corrosive environment H2S…
The company is very proud to reach today the number of 1,000. The demand for well repair keeps increasing as the oil and gas fields keep aging. New applications in Geothermal wells and pipelines are broadening our horizon for the years to come.
Congratulations to the team, we thank all our clients for trusting our technology, and contributing to such an amazing track record!